The Best Offense is a Good Defense.
We believe that understanding the legal ramifications of owning a firearm as it relates to Chapter 9 of the penal code, non-violent dispute resolution and classification of a weapon is important.
PPI Security is now offering the Shotgun Series for home defense including fundamentals of weapons manipulation and accuracy.
The goal of this course is to have students learn and demonstrate the fundamentals of shotgun marksmanship and perform weapons manipulation/ loading techniques as it applies. This course is a practical exercise conducted at a live-fire range.
The student will demonstrate loads, patterns, movement, shooting platforms, and multiple target transitions to the satisfaction of the instructor. This material covers all fundamental manipulations and current home defensive curriculum. The students will gain knowledge of different loads, patterns, slugs and slug selection and demonstrate techniques to the instructor’s satisfaction.
POI (Points of Instruction)
- Firearms safety handling procedures
- Weapon operating theory
- Loading/unloading and transitions
- Sight picture and patterns
- Shooting stances and its relationship to target distance
- Surgical shooting and target “discrimination”
- Movement with distance
- Shooting from cover and barricades
- Non-lethal loads and alternate loads