Seeing is Believing.
Low Light / Night Ops
The goal of the Low Light / Night Ops Course is to have students learn and demonstrate the fundamentals of marksmanship and perform manipulation techniques in low-light conditions.
This course is a practical exercise conducted at a live-fire range. The student will demonstrate movement with and without light. The combination of accuracy, movement, light placement and identification (while in diminished light) makes this course challenging and necessary.
The students will gain knowledge of low-light limitations and demonstrate techniques to the instructor’s satisfaction. This course material covers all fundamentals, shooting platforms, one-handed manipulations and current defensive curriculum.
Training is divided into the following modules:
- Individual skills for handgun (Day 4-6)
- Practical exercise and live-fire (Day)
- Low-light and night ops (Dusk)
POI (Points of Instruction):
- Firearms safe handling procedures
- Marksmanship fundamentals
- Surgical shooting and target discrimination
- Malfunctions drills
- Low-light and no-light shooting skills
- Test decision-making under duress
- Increase your survival probabilities under low-light conditions
- Principles of light and movement
- Light selection and application
- Levels of response
- Rapid search – from Point A to Point B
- Hold-up positioning