Firearm Safety, Control and Accuracy.
We believe that understanding the legal ramifications of owning a firearm as it relates to Chapter 9 of the penal code, non-violent dispute resolution and classification of a weapon is important. However, knowing how to safely draw from concealment and shoot accurately is VITAL. Knowing your weapon and how to manipulate the safety, use the sights, reset the trigger, and load and unload safely should be a mandatory minimum of a CHL.
The goal of the Ladies Only Course is to have students learn and demonstrate the fundamentals of handgun marksmanship and weapons manipulations in a fun and ladies-only environment. This course is a practical exercise conducted at a live-fire range. The student will demonstrate marksmanship, loading, unloading, stance, grip, movement, shooting platforms, and malfunction clearance to the satisfaction of the instructor.
POI (Points of Instruction)
- Firearms safe handling procedures
- Weapon operating theory
- Loading procedures, unloading, and reloads
- Grip, sight picture and trigger control
- Marksmanship fundamentals
- Shooting stances and its relationship to target distance
- Surgical shooting and target discrimination
- Shooting from cover and barricades