These 1-3 day courses cover all fundamental manipulations, one-handed manipulations and current defensive curriculum. The students will gain knowledge of low-light limitations and explore low-light advantages.
Training is divided into the following modules: Handgun I-V beginning with Individual skills and development. This is accomplished first with OTW holster. After safe weapons handling is observed, the student can work the handgun from concealment. As the process of fundamentals and base performance is achieved, working into next courses is recommended up to advanced level courses. Learning to use your pistol in low-light conditions is an overlooked skill set, and we introduce low-light after Handgun 1. All course work is a practical exercise on a live-fire range and can be mentally and physically demanding as you progress through the handgun program. If you have any doubt about your current conditioning, please send the PPI team a note so we can advise.
POI (Points of Instruction)
- Firearms safe handling procedures
- Weapon operating theory
- Loading, unloading and reloading procedures
- Grip, sight picture and trigger control
- Combat marksmanship fundamentals
- Shooting stances and its relationship to target distance
- Surgical shooting and target “discrimination”
- Low-light and no-light shooting skills
- Strong and support side transitions
- Shooting from cover and barricades
- The student will be familiar with how the mechanical functions of the handgun operate to the satisfaction of the instructor