PPI is partnered with a private range on over 100 acres for a full immersion tactical rifle class. This offers a perfect setting for a picturesque “bug out” camping weekend under the stars, while enjoying the camaraderie of fellow shooters.
The goal of this course is to have students learn and demonstrate the fundamentals of rifle/carbine marksmanship and to perform manipulations for best performance under duress. This course is a practical exercise conducted at a live-fire range. The student will demonstrate movement, shooting platforms, malfunctions, marksmanship, multiple target transitions, and standards to the satisfaction of the instructor. These 1-3 day courses cover all fundamental manipulations, one-handed manipulations and current defensive curriculum. The students will gain knowledge of low-light limitations and explore low-light advantages.
POI (Points of Instruction)
- Firearms safe handling procedures
- Weapon operating theory
- Loading, unloading and reloading procedures
- Combat marksmanship fundamentals
- Shooting stances and its relationship to target distance
- Surgical shooting and target “discrimination”
- Low-light and no-light shooting skills
- Strong and support side transitions
- Shooting from cover and barricades
- The student will be familiar with how the mechanical functions of the carbine