Small Unit Tactics and Integration.
PPI Security’s Direct Action Course is designed to train law enforcement personnel in small unit operations in high-threat rural environments. The SUTRA curriculum encompasses specific knowledge as it relates to small unit tactical operations.
The curriculum is divided into two parts: a common core of individual skills, and a team level tactical integration. Your specific training package will be determined after an initial interview with a PPI representative to allow us to customize the course to your requirements.
Training is divided into the following modules:
- Dressing for success – Weaponry and equipment considerations for rural terrain
- Solo movement techniques – how to move silently and observantly, day and night
- Land Navigation – Tactical navigation and route planning
- Reconnaissance – How to properly reconnoiter hard targets and use sketch maps
- Surveillance – long term observation from concealed locations (hides)
- Escape and Evasion – Setting up an E&E plan in conjunction to LUP points
- Operational Concepts: Long and short-range infiltration and exfiltration
- Duties of the various team members
- Command and Control: mission planning and operation orders
- Movement Formations: movement in pairs, and the Triple Pair (6-man team)
- Hand Signs: nonverbal communication methods
- Team SOPs: Immediate actions drills, crossing danger areas, actions at halts, procedures for extended stops, rally points, partisan linkups