The goal of this course is to have students learn and demonstrate the fundamentals of handgun marksmanship and perform manipulation techniques. This course is a practical exercise conducted at a live-fire range. The student will demonstrate movement, shooting platforms, malfunctions, marksmanship, multiple target transitions, and shooting standards to the satisfaction of the instructor.
RANGE FEE is separate. Please bring range fees on day 1. Cash only. $30.00 per student per day.
POI (Points of Instruction)
1. Firearms safe handling procedures
2. Weapon operating theory
3. Loading procedures, unloading, and reloads
4. Grip, sight picture, sight alignment and trigger control
5. Combat marksmanship fundamentals
6. Shooting stances and its relationship to target distance
7. Stoppages and remedies
8. The student will be familiar with how the mechanical functions of the handgun
What to bring:
- EDC – every day carry firearm
- 350 rds pistol
- Proper holster (holster should be snug to your waistline)
- Magazine carrier
- 2 spare magazines (if you have them)
- IWB Holster (inside the Waistband) if requested
- Eye pro (clear lenses for night shoots)
- Hearing pro (electronic preferred)
We also recommend packing; cleaning kit for weapons maintenance and to wear comfortable clothes. Bring a lunch and enough hydration for the day; or if you prefer, we will break for lunch, and there are BBQ joints, Subway and other choices. Sunscreen, wet wipes and other comfort items are your friends. Pen and paper for notes.