Prerequisites: Prior handgun / carbine I or equivalent (must be a recognized trainer)
550 primary and 500 secondary
The goal of this course is to have students learn and demonstrate advanced skills for weapons handling in Urban environments. MAST Solutions’ AWO UD 1 course is designed to train law enforcement personnel, security teams (individuals) and select qualified US citizens, in advanced weapons operations (AWO) in high threat urban environments (UD1). The AWO curriculum encompasses specific knowledge as it relates to individual concealed carry tactics to small unit tactical operations. The curriculum is divided into four parts: a common core of individual skills, and a team level tactical integration. Advanced concealed carry tactics for handgun and advanced overt tactics with carbine (rifle).
Training is divided into the following modules:
- Individual skills for handgun concealment (day I)
- Individual skills carbine CQB (day I)
- Combined skills (day II)
- Team Tactics (day II)
- Practical exercise and live fire (day I, and II)
This course is physically and mentally demanding. If you have any doubt your current conditioning, please send the MAST team a note so we can advise. Above all, safety fist.
POI (Points of Instruction):
- Handgun from 0 to 100m
- Carbine CQC
- Surgical shooting and target discrimination
- Multi-target discrimination. Shoot, only as fast as you can see, think and process all information.
- Accuracy development under duress
- 360 degree movement
- Closed space, constricted ops in vehicle, crowds and other spaces
- Use of force progression and escalation of deadly force with the production of a firearm from concealment.
- One handed manipulations/malfunctions, reloads and the combination oft he support hand with extended operations.
- Development of both systems with both strong / support side
- Medical integration
- Operate while applying self aid during lowlight
- Shooting from cover, concealment, multi-layer barricades
What to bring:
- Handgun and support gear including 3 mags
- Carbine (rifle) and support gear including 4 mags
- Proper holster, holster should be snug to your waistline
- Magazine carrier and or chest rig
- Eyes and ear pro (electronic is recommended)
- Glow sticks
- Handheld lights and weapon mounted
Recommended Kit: Scooby Snacks. H20 and lunch. Knee and Elbow pads. Gloves. Additional magazines, cleaning kit for weapons maintenance, pen and paper and a baseball style hat.