This is a free course. We have to charge $1.00 at checkout for registration only.
A teachers job is to educate; to inspire learning, and frame the minds of our youth.
At MAST out priorities are to give you the confidence and inspiration to do so, uninterrupted; and if necessary, protect our children’s innocent lives and yours.
On 10 March, and 16 March, 2018 MAST Solutions will be conducting a introduction handgun fundamentals class, specific to educators and first responders.
In this one day class the student will learn to safely handle and shoot their firearm, in a group environment. We will teach you how to properly load, unload, and draw the pistol from the holster. The student will understand how to clear a possible malfunction, and how to shoot accurately. This is a technical class, but after leaving this course you will be able to defend yourself with the skills you have learned and practiced.
This course is perfect for a beginner, or a shooter who is working at enhancing their technical skills. The fundamentals class breaks down the subsections of each skill set, so the attendee can digest and master them.
PLEASE SEND EMAIL TO RECEIVE CONFIRMATION FOR ATTENDANCE to firstname.lastname@example.org
POI (Points of Instruction)
1. Firearms safe handling procedures
2. Weapon and operating mechanics
3. Loading procedures, unloading, and reloads
4. Grip, sight picture, sight alignment and trigger control
5. Combat marksmanship fundamentals
6. Shooting stances and its relationship to target distance
7. Stoppages and remedies
8. The student will be familiar with how the mechanical functions of the handgun
Kit- Each student will need to bring:
Handgun (EDC – every day carry firearm)
1. 450 rounds
2. Proper holster (holster should be snug to your waistline), and fit your pistol.
3. Magazine carrier
4. 2-5 magazines, bring as many as you have but a minimum of 2
5. Eye protection and Hearing protection (electronic preferred)
We also recommend packing; cleaning kit for weapons maintenance and wear comfortable clothes. Bring a lunch and enough hydration for the day. We will break for lunch, and there are BBQ joints, Subway and other choices, if you prefer to pick up lunch. Sunscreen, wet wipes and other comfort items and your friends. Pen and paper for notes.