The goal of this course is to have students learn and demonstrate the fundamentals of movement in a CQB/CQC environment. This course is perfect for those who wish to protect their home, officers who regularly perform searches, or security personal (EP/PPO) who rely on skills in a ‘closed’ or interior environment.
Movement, light deployment, marksmanship and other manipulation techniques (s) as it relates to CQB a environment, will be covered extensively in this class. This course is a practical exercise conducted at a shoothouse and NO LIVE AMMO WILL BE PERMITTED. The students will demonstrate tactics and movement as it relates to vehicles and learn individual duties while working in a ‘team’ environment. The learning environment will incorporate movement, communication and team building.
POI (Points of Instruction)
- Interior movement
- Weapons deployment as it relates to CQB
- Light deployment and variations
- Vehicle Bailout
- Force on force
- Team movement interior
- Team movement exterior
- The student will be familiar with how to communicate, move, and if necessary engage as a team (couples, LE etc).
Kit, each student will need to bring:
- Functional weapon system(s)
- Clear lenses and or paintball mask
- Baseball style hat recommended
- Paintball mask for force on force
- Long sleeved shirt
- Weapon lights
- Handheld flashlights
- Duty rig if issued and chest rig if used for job
We also recommend packing; cleaning kit for weapons maintenance and to wear comfortable clothes. Bring a lunch and enough hydration for the day; or if you prefer, we will break for lunch, and there are BBQ joints, Subway and other choices. Sunscreen, wet wipes and other comfort items are your friends. Pen and paper for notes.