Whether abroad or at home, we increasingly find ourselves in environments that favor the adversary. Corrupt and non-permissive environments challenge our security in ways not addressed by traditional defensive training, often leaving the criminals armed and the citizens vulnerable. To address these threats, we must learn to operate from the criminal’s perspective.
Developed by security specialists operating south of the US border where kidnapping and ransom are common, the Counter Custody Entry Module is a direct and aggressive system designed to help you survive in locations that offer an uncertain degree of safety and little support from official channels. The intensive counter custody curriculum will force you to understand the perspective of the abductor and the experience of an abductee through high-pressure, situation-based training.
Students will learn to observe, identify and overcome the tactics of assault and abduction, with limited resources, tools or support. From improvised weapons to the garrote, evading pursuit to confronting multiple opponents, students will leave Counter Custody more likely to avoid and survive criminal assault.
- Deconstruction of the threat. Review of specific abduction case studies from Ed’s personal files.
- Social Elements: from bribery to information gathering or counter questioning techniques.
- Aduana Exercise: pass the inspection point and get through the search and questioning.
- Roll reversal and understanding the criminal mindset.
- Recap of Counter Custody Entry tool concealment and advanced tool and deep concealment option.
- Criminal Roll Playing Exercise: Hive Group 1
- Students will recreate simulated abduction event in a controlled setting, learning trough experience. What does an organized attempt look like from the outside? What surveillance methods are used and how can we counter act them?
- The class will be divided in to two groups with each taking on the roll of abductors and victims during the span of this 2 Day immersive training experience
- Site hardening. Students will learn how to set up improvised security elements within a structure, be it a hotel room or laying down site.
- Resource procurement in a Non-Permissive urban environment. Learn what you can use around you.
- Criminal Roll Playing Exercise: Hive Group 2
- Self assessment and debriefing
For over a decade Ed Calderon worked in the fields of counter narcotics, organized crime investigation, and public safety in the northern-border region of Mexico. During this period he also coordinated and worked executive protection details for high-level government officials and visiting dignitaries — often in some of the most dangerous parts of the country.
Ed Calderon’s study in to the indigenous Méxican criminal culture, from occult practices to endemic modus operandi have lead him to be recognized as one of the worlds preeminent researchers and trainers in the field of personal security that have come out of Mexico. Ed has had the privilege of sharing his expertise with members of federal law enforcement agencies, Navy SEALS, Indonesian Kapaska, Mexican GAFE, Mexican and United States intelligence service agents, and members of special forces groups from all over the world.