The goal of this course is to have students learn and demonstrate the fundamentals of carbine marksmanship and perform manipulation techniques in a dynamic environment. This course is conducted at a live-fire range. The student will demonstrate movement, communication and teamwork as it relates to specific situations. The students will gain knowledge of lowlight procedures and demonstrate techniques to the instructor’s satisfaction.
RANGE FEE is separate. Please bring range fees on day 1. Cash only. $30.00 per student per day.
Prerequisite: THE STUDENTS SHOULD BE COMFORTABLE AND FAMILIAR WITH THE FOLLOWING.
- Weapon operating theory
- Loading procedures, unloading, and reloads
- Grip, sight picture and trigger control
- Iron sights/optics zeroing theory and application
- Combat marksmanship fundamentals
- Shooting stances and its relationship to target distance
- Surgical shooting and target discrimination
- Cover vs concealment
POI (Points of Instruction) We will cover the following
- Firearms safe handling procedures
- Malfunctions drills during decision based scenarios
- Low light and no light shooting skills
- Strong and support side carbine transitions
- Shooting from cover and barricades as it relates to “formations and structures found in urban setting.”
- Holds for distance
- CQB and transitions
- Team orientation
- Leadership drills
- Ammunition requirements for hard and soft environments
- Multiple threat decision making while on the move
- The student will be familiar with how the mechanical functions of the carbine and handgun operate to the satisfaction of the instructor.
Kit, each student will need to bring:
- 800 rds primary
- 250 rds of secondary
- Primary and a secondary (handgun) with proper holster
- Ear pro and eye pro
- Clear lenses for night shoot (if scheduled)
- Baseball style hat recommended
- Primary weapon sling
- Kit that can carry a minimum of four (4) primary magazines on your person
- Weapons lube
- Knee and Elbow pads (optional)
- Gloves (optional)
- Four (4) carbine and three (3) handgun magazines.
- Chest rigs will be covered in class if you have one
- Cleaning kit for weapons maintenance class